Underage Drinking • Minor In Possession/Consumption (MIP/MIC)

Underage possession of alcohol, sometimes called Minor in Possession (MIP) or Minor in Consumption (MIC) of alcohol, may not seem like a serious criminal offense, but it carries a significant penalty. In the state of Idaho, illegal consumption cases are considered misdemeanor crimes and are almost always handled in adult misdemeanor court, and people convicted of underage possession or underage consumption of alcohol may lose their driver’s licenses for up to a year-even if they were not in a car as a driver or passenger.

Many people, and even some attorneys, may not realize that a Minor in Possession case that is being handled in misdemeanor court may be eligible to be transferred to juvenile court. This is an advantage because juvenile cases are eligible to be expunged, while regular misdemeanor cases are not.

At Minert Law Office, we defend clients against a wide range of criminal charges. Steve Minert has handled a significant number of alcohol-related offenses, including DUI, underage DUI and Minor in Possession/Consumption. If you have been arrested for underage drinking or a related offense, contact Minert Law Office in Boise, Idaho.

Related Student Offenses

High school and college students are often in settings where alcohol and drugs are present. It is all too easy to make a mistake and fall into trouble with the law. Attorney Steve Minert understands that good kids sometimes make bad decisions.

Contact Minert Law Office to discuss any student offense, including:

  • Underage drinking
  • Fake ID
  • Distribution of alcohol to a minor
  • Underage DUI
  • Public Intoxication
  • Disorderly conduct

Attorney Steve Minert has served as a deputy prosecutor for the Ada County prosecutor’s office. As a defense attorney and former prosecutor, Steve has seen firsthand how important it is for young adults to have qualified legal counsel in criminal proceedings.

Contact An Idaho MIC Defense Lawyer

To speak with a Boise criminal defense attorney at Minert Law Office, call 208-991-3394 or contact us by e-mail. Please give us a call. We can help!